In mid-July Sue Patzer asked her husband, NPUC President Jere, “What have you learned in the last 14 weeks since you were first diagnosed with cancer?”He quickly began responding. Here are a few of the comments:
- That suffering is indeed no respecter of persons.
- To live one day at a time, instead of 5 years in advance.
- To walk by faith not by sight
- That life beyond this moment is not guaranteed
- That His grace is sufficient.
- That He gives His peace in the storm, not before the storm.
- That a Christian is immortal if his work’s not finished.
- That we have a very loving, supportive, praying family and Church family and a myriad of friends, some of whom we haven’t met.
- That the past is forgiven, the present is secure, the future is assured.