- Matthew Butte- to Principal, Columbia Adventist Academy from Chaplain and Vice Principal of CAA.
- JB McMillen- to Chaplain, Columbia Adventist Academy from Andrews University Chaplain
- Roscoe Howard- to President Mid-America Union Conference from Secretary, North American Division
- Max Torkelsen- Remaining as President of Upper Columbia Conference after declining invitation to be President, Lake Union Conference
- At least three Division Presidents are retiring/resigning this fall-
- Update from Jere & Sue Patzer. For regular updates see www.npuc.org. For latest update see below…
Several of you have reminded us that it has been quite some time since we have posted an update. That’s because there was no “new” news to report. We’ve been in a holding pattern-a waiting game. Dr. Nichols reminded us that a body that has been hit over and over again by chemo deserves the time it takes for its bone marrow to regroup and recoup before the next phase of treatment.
As you can imagine, for a Type-A personality waiting is not without frustration. Yet patience is part of the lesson, and we are trying to learn it well.
Now we are in the midst of a new outpatient, once-a-week chemo treatment, thankfully with minimal side-effects, the main one continuing to be the ever-present weakness. Jere receives platelets and blood transfusions as needed, often working from his laptop during them.
Amazing to us is that through all this (and yes, it does seem interminable at times!) there continues to be ongoing prayer and encouraging words from you, our neighbors, friends, colleagues, and of course, family. Thank you! Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts!
“…but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that our suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.” Romans 5: 3, 4
Sue (and Jere)