The Nonprofit Leadership Certification program is sponsored by Adventist Community Services to equip and educate church leaders to play a vital role in their local communities. The wide range of seminars provides participants with a road map for effective, meaningful community change.
Nonprofit Leadership Certification Program—A two-level leadership development program that equips pastors and lay leaders with the latest strategies and professional skills to successfully lead and focuses on three major learning outcomes:
- Leadership – to improve participants’ competencies to affect individual, organization, and community changes.
- Nonprofit Management – to enhance participants’ abilities to effectively handle the administrative responsibilities of nonprofit management.
- Social Dimension of Evangelism – to influence participants’ attitude through biblical concepts of holistic ministry to minister in dynamic environments.
Session II will be hosted by the Washington Conference of Seventh-day Adventists. For more details and to register, click here.
$150/person by August 27, 2015
$250/person – On-Site Registration
Register with www.adventsource.org
Session II Schedule:
Welcome/Registration/Announcement: 8:30 am
Morning Devotion: 8:45 am – 9:15 am
Morning Session: 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Afternoon Session: 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Debriefing:4:30 to 5:00 pm
Monday, Sept. 14
- Human Resource Development – Nancy Kluge
- Performance Measurement for Effective Ministries – Sung Kwon
Tuesday, Sept. 15
- Risk Management Challenges for Nonprofits- Arthur Blinci
- Nonprofit Legal Issues & Conflict Resolution – Karnik Doukmetzian
Wednesday, Sept. 16
- Managing in Your Platform – Dan Weber
- Accounting and Budgeting – Dowell Chow
Thursday, Sept 17
- Social Action from Relief to Public Policy – Zdravko Plantak
- How to Be a Good Farmer: Even in a City- May-Ellen Colon
- Arthur Blinci – Vice President of Adventist Risk Management
- Karnik Doukmetzian – General Counsel of the Office of General Counsel
- Sung Kwon – Executive Director of North American Division Adventist Community Services
- Zdravko Plantak –Professor of Religion at Loma Linda University – Ethical Studies
- Dan Weber – Director of North American Division Communication
- May-Ellen Colon – ACS International Director, Personal Ministries/Sabbath School, General Conference
- Nancy Kludge – Former Chairperson of Washington Adventist University Business School
- Dowell Chow – President of Adventist World Radio