As a pastor I tried to go on a foreign mission trip at least every three years, usually taking some church members with me. Here were some of my reasons–
- Jesus said to go everywhere.
- It stretched me out of my comfort zone so I could become a more faith-filled believer.
- It taught me new ways to win souls.
- My churches back home saw that they could carry on God’s work even if I was gone.
- I came back super-charged for God’s work when I returned home.
What about you? Isn’t it time for you to go on a mission trip (again?)? Why not be one of the thirty speakers we need to share Jesus and the Adventist message with San Pedro de Marcoris, Dominican Republic March 2009. All the info is at the NPUC Missions website. There is a shorter, spring break option for high school/academy and college/university students, too.