The ball is rolling! We have had a big boost to Momentum from our Leadership Convention. Here are several things to praise the Lord for—
- The responses to Momentum at the NWALC were overwhelmingly positive. Brad Thorpe from Hope TV talked with pastors and delegates from scores of churches about how to purchase the $200 dish to receive the satellite reaping events each spring and fall.
- We continue to receive positive responses from lay members across the NPUC from the September Gleaner cover story.
- The Intro to Momentum video clips shown at the NWALC will be in the hands of the pastors, academy principals, and church leaders by the end of the month (if there are no major snags).
- WWC has organized their Momentum Team under the able leadership of Pedrito Maynard-Reid and are laying plans to strengthen soul winning on and off campus, building two harvest cycles into the school year. This week Pastor Karl Haffner is having a Week of Worship/Prayer and small groups are being formed at the end of the week, a key component of successfully building soul winning momentum.
- Several Academy principals have mentioned how Momentum can fit very well into their week of prayer program.
- Alaska Conference has formed an evangelistic planning team and is networking with Share Him to train their members to do regular, repeated local reaping, an essential part to successfully building Momentum.
- Idaho Conference has 50 lay members signed up and trained to do local reaping this fall.
- Bryce Pascoe, NPUC Executive Secretary, is beginning his local reaping meetings this weekend with the Riverside Adventist Church in the Camus, Washington area.
- Dates have been finalized for the first satellite uplink with Ron Halverson, Sr. from Auburn, WA for April 21-28, 2007 (local dates are one week earlier), with Auburn Adventist Academy and the two local churches in Auburn cooperating together for the local reaping leading up to it.