Pornography is a serious and highly destructive force in our society, impacting even some of our pastors’ homes and families. Here are some excellent Adventist resources to help-
- 1) The Hope of Survivors website. http://www.hopeofsurvivors.com/default.asp. An Adventist (ASI Member) website that is “A ministry of compassion providing support, hope and encouragement for victims of clergy sexual abuse and misconduct.” Click on “Are you a pastor?” on the Home page for more information.
- 2) FaithSpeak, the online newsletter of The Hope of Survivors. Tom Lemon, OR Conf Ministerial Director, has an excellent article in the October 2006 issue dealing with pastors and pornography titled “Clergy Are Not Untouched by Society’s Biggest Blight” found at http://www.hopeofsurvivors.com/pdf_files/FaithSpeak_10_06.pdf.
- 3) The Adventist Review online edition has an article titled “Conquering Lust on the Job” at http://adventistreview.org/article.php?id=303.
- 4) The Daily News online edition, in Longview, Washington, has an article highlighting the ministry the Kelso-Longview Seventh-day Adventist Church offers for sex and pornography additions. It can be found at http://www.tdn.com/articles/2005/01/16/top_story/news01.txt.
- 5) 18th Annual Celebration of Family Recovery, October 27-29, 2006, Hagerstown, MD. See info and registration at http://www.plusline.org/eventdetail.php?id=196.
- 6) “Freedom to Live” Addictions Conference at Andrews University (Berrien Springs, MI), July 12-15, 2007. Call 800-732-7587. Information will be posted soon at http://www.plusline.org/events.php.