It’s free to your church or school and it’s a powerful way to help interests come to a decision and to affirm and strengthen the faith of members. It’s “God So Loved,” the eight night satellite reaping series with Jere Patzer coming from Boise this fall. The one hour program is broadcast each evening November 10-17, 2007 on The Hope Channel at 4pm and 7pm Pacific Time (Saturday night to Saturday night).
Here are valuable resources to maximize your church’s impact–
2. Go to http://www.eadventist.net/ to list your downlink location on the public website. Your clerk or church secretary should be able to go to your church’s page on eadventist.net, click on the events tab, check the box for the God So Loved event and fill in a couple other bits of information such as meeting times and dates etc. Then anyone who comes to the public Web site will be able to see that church as a meeting location. Any church using this seminar should “register” in this way asap, and definitely by the first of October. The Public Website looks sharp. You can see it at http://www.nwevangelism.org/.
3. Order your Promotional Materials.
- Handbills & Posters- from Color Press at the following online site: http://www.materials.adventistevangelism.com/godsoloved/products.cfm?CID=0&CFID=81763&CFTOKEN=47023142 or click here. There are two sizes of handbills–a larger one designed for mailing, the smaller for handing out. Each item can be customized with your local information. For those churches which will be using the November 10-17 Hope Channel downlink, the ordering deadline is October 16. If you need assistance with ordering, our Color Press rep is Janet Brown at 1-800-222-2145.
- Newspaper Ad- Click here to see and print sample newspaper ad. Your local newspaper can customize this ad or you can request assistance from Steve.Vistaunet@nw.npuc.org
4. Identify potential soul winning activities your church(es) and school(s) are already involved in and focus on the harvest. Click here to see a Local Church or School Soul Winning Plan for July-December 2007.
5. Decision Cards & Registration- Click here for Decision Cards for each evening. Each page has four cards for photocopying. Page numbers correspond to presentation number. At the host site we are using an electronic registration system. Each downlink site can use whatever registration process works best for them.
6. Order literature from the ABC– Each evening send everyone home with additional Bible study materials to study and to give to their friends as they invite them. Here is a list of topics and suggested literature you can order from your local Adventist Book Center or online.
|Saturday, Nov. 10||Bible/Apocrypha||“The Sword of the Spirit” by Shawn Boonstra|
|Sunday, Nov. 11||Assurance/Salvation||“Outrageous Grace” by Dwight K. Nelson|
|Monday, Nov. 12||Spiritualism/Death||“What the Bible Says About Death” Signs Special Supplement|
|Tuesday, Nov.13||Baptism/Church||“What the Bible Says About God’s Church” Signs Special Supplement|
|Wednesday, Nov. 14||Covenants/Sabbath||“What the Bible Says About the Sabbath” Signs Special Supplement|
|Thursday, Nov. 15||Rapture/Millennium||“What the Bible Says About Jesus’ Return” Signs Special Supplement|
|Friday, Nov. 16||Heaven/New Earth||“Certainty in an Uncertain World” Signs of the Times Special Issue|
|Saturday, Nov. 17||Great Controversy/Suffering||“We Believe- A brief explanation of the 28 fundamental beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.” Signs of the Times Special Issue|