- Roger Hernandez- to Hispanic Coordinator OR Conf in addition to Senior Pastor, Hillsboro Spanish Seventh-day Adventist Church District (OR Conf)
CORRECTION- Jerry Russell (not Doug Hilliard) to WA Conf Treasurer from Kentucky- Tennessee Conf Associate Treasurer (not Treasurer). $20 goes to Shelley Schurch, Administrative Assistant in the WA Conf Education Department for being the first to notify us of the needed correction!
Steve Wallace– North Pacific Union Conference is no longer able to support Steve’s Revival Seminars ministry (If you would like more information contact the NPUC)
UPDATE 6/15/2009. For more information see the December 26, 2007 comment below. To read a copy of the Andrews Seminary Committee Response to Steve Wallace (dated December 26, 2006) click here.
Author Archives: pattricp
Newsweek March 26 Cover Story about how exercise makes you both smarter and healthier http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17662246/site/newsweek/
The New NKJV Desire of Ages– It’s already making a world-wide impact. In mid-March Eleven thousand copies of the NKJV Desire of Ages were mailed to non-Adventist clergy in the Northwest! The General Conference ordered one thousand copies to give away at their annual Christmas community outreach program. There are inquiries from Adventist publishing houses about how to print thousands more copies for Africa and the South Pacific. Tom Evans, treasurer of the Southern Union shared his copy with airport personnel. The next time he crossed paths with them they pulled out the copy he had given them, showed where they were reading it, and thanked him again. Let’s continue reading it again and encouraging our members to do the same. (Suggested reading for April- Chapters 23-30, pp. 228-305)
Now more pastors can earn their MA in Pastoral Ministry! Until recently pastors who wanted to take the MA in Pastoral Ministry extension degree had to be at least 35 years of age to officially apply.
The new guidelines are as follows—
1) Pastoral applicants must have a minimum of 5-years of pastoral leadership experience
2) Pastoral applicants with less than 5-years of pastoral leadership experience must have specific recommendations from two conference administrators and may be admitted provisionally until they reach the required ministry experience
3) Participants cannot graduate while under provisional acceptance status
If you don’t have a degree from an Adventist seminary, this is your opportunity to receive one while continuing your pastoral ministry. For more information go to http://www.inministry.info/article.php?id=17. Whether you are working toward a degree or not, you will find the classes offered this May at the new NPUC office building something worth your time. Why not invite one of your church leaders to take the class with you for free, also?
“We have this hope that burns within our hearts
Hope in the coming of the Lord
We have this faith that Christ alone imparts
Faith in the promise of His word
We believe the time is here
When the nations far and near
Shall awaken, shout and sing
Halleluiah, Christ is King
We have this hope that burns within our hearts
Hope in the coming of the Lord”
– Wayne Hooper, Legendary Adventist Composer and member of the King’s Heralds Quartet. The song “We Have This Hope” has been sung by tens of thousands at more General Conference Sessions than any other song. He graduated from Gem State Academy (ID Conf) and later taught music at Portland Adventist Academy (OR Conf). (Click here to read his biography.) On February 28, 2007 he fell asleep in Jesus at his home in Newbury Park, CA at age 86, with the hope of the Second Coming of Jesus in his heart. He Knows What He’s Talking About (H.K.W.H.T.A.)
Heidi Martella, WA Conf Communications Intern
“I’m not an expert in email management as I currently have 1,001 e-mails in my inbox (although I know it’s important). The best e-mail management tips I’ve heard are:
1) Read it
2) Reply to it
3) File it (fast fact: 80 percent of what you file you will never look at again)
4) Delete it
Here are three article links from About.com discussing strategies for e-mail management and productivity.
Cleaning & Maintaining: http://email.about.com/od/emailmanagementtips/qt/et_do_tomorrow.htm
E-mail productivity: http://email.about.com/od/netiquettetips/qt/et033105.htm
E-mail netiquette: http://email.about.com/cs/netiquettetips/tp/core_netiquette.htm”
Church Planters are on the front lines of ministry and often feel isolated, discouraged and frustrated. But by networking with other church planters there can be great encouragement, fellowship and networking. Recently the North American Division has formed Church Planters Exchange, a special conference by church planters for church planters. The first event is scheduled for May 3-5, 2007 (Thursday morning-Sabbath evening) at the South Tulsa Adventist Fellowship. Started in 2000, with a couple dozen people, the church has grown to over 600, primarily through multiple evangelistic series each year. Come see the church in action. There is no charge for this event but registration is required. For more information go to www.churchplantersexchange.com.
Inter-America: Nearly 45,000 Join Adventist Church In a Single Day in a Televised Event (Click here to read the story)